When you are ready to buy a new computer, one of the first questions you may ask yourself is, “Where can I get the best deal?”. Obviously you don’t want to pay more than you have to, but there are other considerations besides price that you should consider before making your decision…
If you shop the local electronics superstores for weekly specials, you can easily get a standard machine at a good price. This option would work best for you if you’re not too picky or if you don’t have any special requirements for gaming, graphics, or special software requirements.
If you buy over the Internet from a major manufacturer, such as Dell, you’ll get more choice and customisation on the components, processor speed, RAM, hard drive size, and video components, but you’ll pay a slightly higher price.
The biggest downside to buying online is that you’ll have a hard time getting technical support if something goes wrong. Not a week goes by where we don’t get a customer who wants to pay us to fix a warranty-covered machine simply because the manufacturer is making it next to impossible to get the problem sorted. In many cases, these companies have help desk people located in countries outside of the UK, which means you might have a hard time communicating with them, or getting to a supervisor.
Sometimes only a component (like the hard drive) will go bad. When this happens, you’ll have to ship the entire machine back to the manufacture and wait a couple of weeks for them to repair it and ship it back. You also run the risk of losing all your data and configurations unless you have a reliable backup.
If you have special requirements, need help in selecting a machine, or if service before, during, and AFTER the sale is important, then you’ll want to buy from a local company – like us!
Here Are 6 Big Reasons To
Buy Your Next PC From m3 Networks
- You’ll get an Account Manager who will take time to explain your options, answer your questions, and help you make a good buying decision based on what YOU need, not what we have to clear from our stock room. If you buy from an electronics superstore, there’s a good chance you’ll end up talking to a teenager working on commission who doesn’t have any real technical expertise. Since they don’t offer custom-built machines, they will try to talk you into buying whatever they have in-store which may not necessarily be the best choice for your specific needs. If you buy online, you’ll get very little or no help in selecting the right combination of components and options, so this works best ONLY for those individuals who really know what they are buying.
- You could end up buying a Windows 10 Home machine. We’ve had this one a LOT. High street retailers, and a lot of online stores are shipping computers with Windows Home edition. Not only will this not integrate with your server, it is also a breach of the licence to use it in commercial environment, and would also fail a Cyber Essentials assessment. The cost to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional is usually more than the little extra it would have cost to have us provide the right computer in the first place.
- Superior technical support and service after the sale. If you’ve ever dealt with a manufacturer’s technical support in the past, you know how frustrating it can be. After waiting on hold for days, you’ll end up speaking with a “technician” who doesn’t have a clue. Most of the time they’re reading from a script and taking you through a series of system checks you could have done on your own. Whenever you have a problem with a machine that you purchased from us, we’ll troubleshoot it for free. Plus, you won’t have to wait on hold when you call, which brings me to another point…
- If you need technical support on a computer that you bought from us, you won’t go through voice mail jail or be transferred to another country. You actually get to speak to a friendly, local technician.
- Your new PC will be delivered, setup and configured for you, in your office, at a time that suits you. Not dumped at reception by a delivery driver for you to have to setup by yourself.
- Maybe you don’t even need a new PC! Maybe you just need more memory and a video card added. If you simply want to “upgrade” your PC to save a few pounds, we will gladly do it for you. This is something that no other store or online supplier will offer.
The bottom line is this: if you are shopping solely on price and aren’t too picky, then watch the TV ads for sales at your local electronic superstore. They can offer a great price on a standard machine. Usually you can save anywhere from £80—£150 buying this way.
For semi-customisation at a decent price, check the Internet. There are hundreds of online re-sellers offering computers at competitive prices.
For the best customisation, service, and support after the sale, buy from us. You’ll pay a little bit more, but we’ll make sure you get exactly what you need without any hassle or problems.
To speak to one of our experts today about finding your ideal computer contact us today on 01738237001.